Monday, January 24, 2011

Etsy Finds



For homemade, all natural bath goodies check out TieDye Bathworks.  They're having a rebranding sale, so check 'em out quick because everything is under $5!!  I have super sensitive skin when it comes to bath salts, soaps, etc.  but I've had no problems with their stuff.  I've used the soap, shaving soap, sugar scrub, and bath salts with no allergy/sensitivity problems and I've even used the soap on my face.  Great goodies at a great price and everything I bought smells pretty nice.  Oh, and don't be scared by the mention of oils in their products because all of the items I've tried leave you feeling soft but clean, not greasy at all.  I've also used the lip balm and lip butter and they are wonderful.  The balms have a slicker feel compared to most commercial brands which are waxier, but I personally don't find it greasy or unappealing.  Although, if you have sensitive skin you might want to buy one first and test it out.  Tea tree oil is one of the ingredients in the balms, and depending on your sensitivity might cause a burning sensation.  I have been using the balm for about 2 weeks now and have had no real issues, the first application left a slight tingling but I've not felt it since.  If you're worried about the sensitivity thing, then go with the lip butter.  Both lip products will leave your lips moisturized and they last a while.  Even after eating, drinking, and wiping your lips off the lingering effects of the oils actually help prevent chapped lips for people like me who tend to lick my lips a lot.  That way I can go a little longer between applications if necessary.

For some great Dia de los Muertos items, check out DnA Creations.  They have a variety of cute items with great Dia de los Muertos designs.  I bought a compact for my friend Gabby for her birthday and one for myself while I was at it.  It took a little longer than the 2-7 days quoted in their policies to receive my order, which wasn't a big deal except that I wanted to have Gabby's present in time (I did end up receiving it in time after I emailed to check on my order).  I can't wait to buy some light switch plates for my new casa in June! 

For cute, colorful paintings at great clearance prices try Paintings by Danlye.  Truly this artist's clearance prices are great and you're not paying for just a print, you are getting the actual once of a kind painting on canvas.  After looking for quite some time on Etsy at other artists, some are charging what this artist charges just for prints.  And I'm sorry but if I'm gonna shell out the money I want the real deal.  I'm saving up to move right now, but once I have enough stashed away for that I plan on buying a piece or two from this artist so I hope the sale lasts!! 

I've been browsing and buying on Etsy for quite some time now and have had wonderful experiences so far.  I really love buying hand crafted, homemade, unique, vintage items that someone took the time out of their life to make or find.  Can't wait to post more awesome Etsy sites for y'all to check out!

0 comments:

About Me

My Photo
lunarious
I'm Nichole, your average 30-something trying to make my way through this world and create a life for myself. I blog for fun and for stress relief, so you'll see everything from rants to reviews.
View my complete profile

INSTAGRAM FEED

Followers



This blog was designed by Jason Rice