Friday, August 26, 2011

Odds and Ends


Been watching some movies on the Netflix lately.  Here's some goodies to look for:

1.  TiMER- chic flick about finding true love based on a little timer implanted into your wrist.  Didn't end the way         I wanted it to, but still a cute movie.

2. Chaos Theory- has Ryan Reynolds in it, which is what prompted me to watch it (cause he's HOT).  A dramedy about a man whose marriage/life gets turned upside down and how he handles it.  Cute, funny, and Ryan Reynolds.

3.  Revenge of the Bridesmaids- Another cute chic flick with Raven Symone.  About a group of best friends trying to destroy the wedding of their frienemy.

4.  You Again- Ok, another chic movie but this one is actually really funny so would work well for guys.  Has Jamie Lee Curtis, Sigourney Weaver, Kristen Bell, and Betty White.  Very funny movie about high school drama coming back to haunt the characters in a surprising way.


Ok, now on to some more etsy finds.  I have been extremely leery to try any edible goods from etsy, because well I just don't trust people.  However, I found some sellers with a high number of buyers and excellent reviews and decided to give it a try!
First up we have the TeaMan who has a huge selection of hand blended flavored teas, mainly in the black, green, and white varieties.  I got the buyers choice tea sampler, which came with 15 different flavors that I chose.  I got a total of 75 teabags, plus 10 free sample bags, all for $13 total.  You can't beat that at all, especially when it comes with so many different flavors.  So far I have tried the cranberry black tea and the cherry/orang/almond xmas blend black tea, both are delicious!!  Each flavor comes in it's own labeled bag, which is nice.  Shipping time was fine and packaging was appropriate for the item.
To pair with my tea choices I also purchased some flavored sugar cubes from LvngWell aka the Keyhole Bakery and Sweet Shoppe who also sells other sweets and baked goods.  I got the lemon, cinnamon, and vanilla flavored sugar cubes and then received a sample of the ginger flavored too.  The vanilla is very subtle, not as strong of a flavor as I was hoping for, but still good.  The cinnamon is really yummy, it's the perfect cinnamon sugar flavor.  The lemon, while very good, is a little strange texturally.  I believe they actually soaked the sugar in real lemon juice, so these are not dry like the other cubes they're a little soft.  Surprisingly, the ginger is REALLY good.  I'm super picky about atypical flavors, and I consider ginger to be in that group.  It's hard to explain really, the ginger flavor is very strong but not in a gross way.  It leaves a really pleasant after taste.  Mind you, this is from eating the sugar cubes by themselves, just to get an idea of what to expect before I dropped them in my tea.  I have so far used the vanilla and cinnamon in the tea.  They dissolve very quickly and lend a really lovely extra flavor to the tea without being overpowering.  The amount of sugar cubes, while a little less than I thought, is still substantial for the price.  Shipping time is very quick, packaging was fine (although if you live in a hot climate would definitely NOT order during the summer unless you have someone available to take the item inside when it's delivered, otherwise it will be a melted mess by the time you get home).

Ok, so by the way can we just discuss online purchasing from sites such as amazon, etsy, ebay, etc.  where you are buying from an individual seller.  Please do a tiny bit of research before purchasing.  Read the reviews, especially the bad ones.  See exactly how many people have purchased as compared to the number of bad reviews.  If they only have 10 reviews and 3 of those are bad, it's probably best to avoid that seller.  Also, try to stick with sellers that have the option for using paypal.  The more time/work the seller has to put in to sell their items the better the odds that they are hopefully not ripoff artists.  So setting up a paypal, taking good quality pictures of the items, having a large quantity of good reviews, etc.  These are all things you want to look for to ensure an easy, safe, successful transaction between you and the seller.  I buy a lot of items online and have never had any major problems (knock on wood) because I put in the work first before purchasing.  Be safe with your money and your personal information people!!

Let's end with a music video shall we, how about some Sick Puppies- You're going down.  Whenever this song comes on I wanna just rock out so hard, it's one of those great turn it all the way up and scream it out in your car songs.  Plus it kind of makes me feel like a badass.  Enjoy!  



0 comments:

About Me

My Photo
lunarious
I'm Nichole, your average 30-something trying to make my way through this world and create a life for myself. I blog for fun and for stress relief, so you'll see everything from rants to reviews.
View my complete profile

INSTAGRAM FEED

Followers



This blog was designed by Jason Rice