Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Updates and Reviews

So I've been at my new job now for almost 3 weeks and I LOVE it!  I never realized how super stressed and exhausted I was, I mean I knew but once I changed jobs and started a normal schedule it felt like a huge mountain sized weight was lifted off of me.  It's nice to actually enjoy work and the people I work with.  And it's definitely nice to not have to worry about getting in trouble or getting fired every day.  My new boss is strict when it comes to following procedures, but as long as you follow the rules she's really laid back.  She's letting me ease into training and get one test down at a time, which is lovely.  My co-workers are great, the atmosphere is great, so far so good!

I'm starting to have a social life again, which is tremendous!  It's great to interact with my friends again on a regular basis!!  It's probably been 4-5 years since I've really had a normal social life.  It's nice to be able to go out on the weekends and not have to worry about whether I get enough sleep before work that night or whether I'll get called in last minute, etc.  And it's opened my eyes again to just how wonderful my friends are.  I'm a pretty lucky girl to have made it into my late 20's with as many good friends as I have and I hope that by hanging out with them more often now I will be able to keep them a lot longer  :)

With all of these new positive changes in my life, it's really put me in a optimistic mood which I hope will last a while.  It's nice to be happy and to look forward to the future.

And I want to end with a few product reviews.

Ever heard of Yes to Carrots?  Well they also make Yes to Cucumbers for sensitive skin.  I LOVE this stuff!!  My favorite product is Facial Towelettes they smell really fresh and clean and leave my face looking healthy.  They're great when you're on the go and you need to freshen you face but don't have time to do the full on face wash.  They're great for healing up acne too, which is a bonus!

Best mascara for sensitive eyes EVER!  Well at least that I've tried so far....is Covergirl's Natureluxe Mousse Mascara.  It doesn't irritate my eyes at all, there is very little flaking, no smudging, lasts all day, and it doesn't feel as stiff as most mascaras while on.  So if you read my blog at all you have heard me say that I have super sensitive eyes and that I used to have to take allergy medicine just to wear eye makeup, well not with this stuff.  There's no itching, no watery eyes, no redness....it's almost like I'm not wearing anything at all.  It gives great length and some fullness to your lashes, which is also nice.  I don't wear anything else now.  The one minor draw back that might bother some (but not me) is that because it's a mousse it takes a little longer to dry than other mascaras.  My fix for this is I put my mascara on first and then I blow dry my hair, while I'm blow drying my hair I have the air go over my lashes too to help dry it quickly.  By the time I'm done with my hair, my lashes are dry and I can proceed with the rest of my makeup (I put mascara on first when I do quick makeup).

Well that's it for now.  I'll be back with more soon  :)

Peace out!

1 comments:

Sara said...

Great review for that covergirl mascara!

http://thewoollenmitten.blogspot.com/

About Me

My Photo
lunarious
I'm Nichole, your average 30-something trying to make my way through this world and create a life for myself. I blog for fun and for stress relief, so you'll see everything from rants to reviews.
View my complete profile

INSTAGRAM FEED

Followers



This blog was designed by Jason Rice