Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Shows you should be watching

Both older and newer shows that I highly recommend for you Netflix and Hulu users, look em up!!

British Favs:
1.  Misfits- about teen delinquents that get superpowers in a freak storm. Very witty, sexy, and fun. I would say this is a strong Rated R due to graphic language, nudity, and sexual content. Nathan is my favorite! Hulu
2.  Doc Martin- dramedy about a surgeon who starts getting panic attacks at the sight/smell of blood so gives it up to become a GP in a small village...awkwardness ensues.  Again, typical British wit and humor.  Rated PG 13, although would probably not appeal to a younger crowd.  Netflix and Hulu
3. Coupling- hilarious show about a group of friends and the relationships that they form with each other.  Rated R for adult oriented comedy.  Netflix and Hulu
4.  Whites- a comedy based on the interactions of a chef and his cooking staff at a restaurant.  Doesn't sound like much, but actually quite funny.  Again, rated R-ish for adult oriented comedy.  Hulu
5.  The IT Crowd- super funny nerd humor, but still funny for normal people too.  Love Chris O'Dowd!  Another rated R-ish for adult oriented comedy, mainly for language.  Netflix

American Favs:
1.  Psych- a comedic cop show with a "psychic" detective.  Love the interaction between Gus and Shawn, it really makes the show.  Rated PG 13 with occurrence of bad language every once in a while (mainly the word hell).  Netflix and Hulu
2.  The Booth at the End- I can't even describe this show, you just really have to watch it.  Very interesting, very twisted, and you really have to pay attention to catch all the connections between the different characters.  Highly recommend.  Rated PG 13   Hulu
3.  Being Human- the american version.  Based on the lives of 3 young people......a ghost, a vampire, and a werewolf, and how they cope with what they are while trying to live a "normal" life.  It's funny, there are hot guys, and the storyline is pretty interesting too.  I would give this a weak Rated R rating, definitely not for younger kids but older teenagers should be fine.  Hulu
4.  Outsourced- absolutely hilarious comedy about an american worker whose company has outsourced their call center, and rather than lose his job he moves to India to manage the office.  The Indian cast is great!  Rated PG 13  Hulu
5.  Raising Hope- one of the better new shows that I've seen in a long time.  About a young single dad living at home with his crazy parents and mawmaw, trying to raise his daughter the best way he can.  It's a cute, funny show with some genuine laugh out loud moments.  Rated PG 13   Hulu


These are some great shows I would definitely recommend anyone to check out.

Although this is on a completely different subject, I'm going to end this post with a music video.

My Song of the Week is....Moves like Jagger by Maroon 5

Kind of makes me want to dance when I hear it, plus the video has lead singer Adam Levine shirtless.  Hot tattooed guy.........YES PLEASE!




0 comments:

About Me

My Photo
lunarious
I'm Nichole, your average 30-something trying to make my way through this world and create a life for myself. I blog for fun and for stress relief, so you'll see everything from rants to reviews.
View my complete profile

INSTAGRAM FEED

Followers



This blog was designed by Jason Rice