Thursday, August 11, 2011

My little baby birdie is leaving the nest


I love the fact that my younger friend Alex still includes me in his life, like when there's a new girl he is interested in.  It just makes me smile.  Although we don't see/speak to each other as much as we used to, it's just nice to get glimpses into his life and watch him grow into an awesome young man.  We nicknamed him Pimp Alex in high school because his adorableness always won over the ladies.........and that name is so very fitting.  In a good way, he's not a player or anything, the ladies just love him.
Small things like that make my day.  I have a crazy work schedule and am usually exhausted most of the time, so I don't get to spend as much time with my friends as I would like.  So it's nice to be able to share in moments like that every now and then.  

I've started to get excited at the prospect of moving again.  Not that I will be able to move in the very near future, but hopefully in the next few months.  I'm excited that it will be a place of my very own, with no one to have to deal with.  And also, I've been purchasing items that I will need and with every purchase I get a little more excited.  For the most part I have most everything I need, with the exception of kitchen stuff.  So I've been working on building up my kitchen.  Just recently I purchased a lovely cookware set.  It is a T-Fal Stainless Steel Copper Bottom set and I can't wait to use it!  I've already scouted out where to purchase the other items I need.  Will be using the gift cards I currently have to buy as much as I can for now, and then wait for Christmas for the rest.  I'm going to wait on getting a microwave in case the place I move to already has one.  Then all that's left is a vacuum cleaner!  It'll be nice to have everything bought and paid for, that way once I move I don't have to worry about buying anything.  I can just settle in and enjoy!!  It's gonna be so nice.  I'll have my lovely big bed to sleep in again and I can have game nights whenever I want.



0 comments:

About Me

My Photo
lunarious
I'm Nichole, your average 30-something trying to make my way through this world and create a life for myself. I blog for fun and for stress relief, so you'll see everything from rants to reviews.
View my complete profile

INSTAGRAM FEED

Followers



This blog was designed by Jason Rice