Thursday, October 25, 2012

Peanut Butter, Chocolate, Banana and Mascara?!?!

So new smoothie recipe first:  Peanut Butter Chocolate Banana Smoothie.  So here's the thing about peanut butter, it's kind of eh for me.  I'll eat it when I'm in the mood, but it's not my favorite thing ever.  With that said, today's smoothie, while peanut buttery, is not overpowering so it would be good for those who like me who can do without usually.

Peanut Butter Chocolate Banana Smoothie Recipe:

8 oz. of 2% milk
1 even scoop of Slimfast Chocolate mix
1 tbsp of smooth peanut butter (I actually may have put a tiny bit less than a full tablespoon as I did not measure)
5-8 slices of frozen bananas
3 large ice cubes
blend until smooth, this is for an individual serving.

You could completely skip the peanut butter really, or put a little more or less depending on your tastes.  But I figured it would be a good protein source for my breakfast smoothie.  Let me warn you now, your smoothie will smell very peanut buttery!  But the flavor is not overwhelming at all, I promise.  You still get a nice chocolate and banana kick.  Overall, delicious smoothie that I will be adding into my smoothie rotation.

Ok, now a review or two or four.

I'm going to review a couple of mascaras I have been using lately.  If you've never read my blog before, let me start by saying I have EXTREMELY senstive eyes.  Most makeups, makeup removers, lotions, etc. irritate my eyes to the point of tears, swelling, and itching.  Which is not a pretty look.  So I'm super picky about eye makeup in particular.  The mascaras I have been using recently are great for extremely sensitive eyes. 
The first two are by Physicians Formula which is a brand geared specifically towards people with sensitive skin and allergies.  One is Organic wear® 100% Natural Origin Mascara.  So pros and cons of this mascara:
Pros=  no irritation AT ALL 
           forget I have it on 
           long lasting               
           no flaking at all 
           lashes do not get "crunchy"

Cons= wand/brush is awkward, not my fav
            formula does not dry per se, remains waxy (but not heavy)
            smudges easily        
            can be a little clumpy, but I blame this on the brush
            not great to wear outside in extremely hot temps (smudging)

The other is Organic Wear Boosting Mascara.  This mascara is only slightly different than the one above.  I would say the only difference is this one does dry more so than the other, so you do get the "crunchy" eyelash feeling.  But it's not horrible.  The wand on this one is a little more awkward as well, because of the shape of the handle.  Overall, these are good mascaras that work great for indoor stuff (great to wear to work).

The next mascara is by Neutrogena.  I think this mascara is kind of the best of both worlds (organic and chemical formulas).  It is the Healthy Volume® Mascara Regular mascara.  It has all the good qualities of the regular chemical formulas (no smudging, drying completely) with the bonus of some of the organic formulas (no irritation, no flaking).  Currenlty, this is the mascara I use the most.  I even like it better than a mascara I reviewed not to long ago, Covergirl's Naturluxe Mousse Mascara.

Ok, last mascara.  So I bought this one against my better judgement because I was sure it would screw with my eyes.  It is Maybelline Great Lash Pop of Purple Limited Edition mascara, which I could not even find on their website to link so I'm guessing they've already done away with it.  I have mixed reviews on this.  This particular color is only good for those girls with fair skin and light colored lashes.  I have very fair skin and blonde eyelashes, so it showed up well enough on me (I also paired it with a magenta colored eyeliner so it brought it out more).  However, my friend who has black lashes and darker skin tried it and you couldn't even tell she had mascara on at all.  It also is not the best for sensitive eyes.  While it didn't drive me completely crazy, it was mildly irritating and I definitely would not wear it on a regular basis.  Still it's pretty, so maybe I'll pop a Zyrtec and put it on for some flair every once in a while.

I wanna add something that has absolutely nothing to do with anything, except that it's insanely cute!  You can watch live feed of a baby panda and it's mom at the San Diego Zoo!!  We have named the baby Sasha in my office :)  Sasha, the baby panda  You'll fall in love! 

And finally, as I tend to do a lot, I'm going to end with a music video of a song that I LOVE right now.  Little Black Submarines by the Black Keys!


       

0 comments:

About Me

My Photo
lunarious
I'm Nichole, your average 30-something trying to make my way through this world and create a life for myself. I blog for fun and for stress relief, so you'll see everything from rants to reviews.
View my complete profile

INSTAGRAM FEED

Followers



This blog was designed by Jason Rice