Monday, October 29, 2012

Yeah, I'm from Pasadena

So last year I had a HUGE crush on a guy that I worked with.  But then I transferred to a different office, so I was like you know what I'm gonna ask him out!  So I did....and he said yes!  But then he rescheduled on me.  And then he cancelled the reschedule.  Turns out he was talking to this other girl at the same time (whatever that's fine, we hadn't even gone on a date yet).  But here's the thing of it, the part that frustrates me.  He chose her because she gave it up on the first date.  And this is where the Pasadena in me kicks in......um, sir, you didn't give me a chance because for all you know I'm a lady in the street but a freak in the sheets.  But then I have to remind myself that, yeah, I'm not that girl.  I know I'm not that girl.  He could tell I wasn't that girl.  So why does that bother me?  It doesn't bother me to be a good girl.  It bothers me that guys are so easily won over by a hoochie!  Rather than give the good girl a chance.  I'm one of those on the fence good girls too, and I think that's the problem.  Not good enough for the good boys, but not bad enough for the dumb guys.  It's really frustrating!  Anyway, I bring this up because I recently found out that he stayed with the hoochie because she got pregnant (which fyi I'm not dumb enough to get pregnant!  Just sayin!)  So he bought her a house and he's gonna try to make it work with her.  He doesn't want to marry her.......but he's gonna stick around cause of the kid.  DUMB, DUMB, DUMB!  And that's what you get for thinking with your little head and not your big one!  And what do I get for being the good girl?  JACK SQUAT!  No house, no boyfriend, no kid (not that I want one right now anyway).  Again I say, frustrating!!

The one good thing that came out of that mess was it did boost my confidence a little, enough to where I asked out another guy and we went on a date.  And it also gave me the push I needed to get myself in better health/shape, so far I've lost 30lbs.  So that's my rant for the day, lol.

Now on to some fun stuff.

Up first an Etsy review.  I might have actually reviewed this seller before, but she's worth a second one!  With winter coming up I wanted to get a few new hats and scarves and I have my go to Etsy shop for that!  It's called ReWorked Designs and she sells awesome handmade hats, scarves, and other goodies.  I've purchased 5 scarves, 6 hats, some knit coasters, potholders, and some washclothes from this seller and I can honestly say she is one of my top favorite sellers on Etsy.  My favorite winter gear that she makes are the slouchy mesh beanies and chain link cowls.  Not only do you get to support someone who is making handmade products, but her hats/scarves are beautiful, comfortable, and affordable!  She also has super quick shipping and usually throws in a little gift  :)

I also want to review another Physicians Formula product.  Their pH Matchmaker Blush in Rose.  I really like this blush, a little goes A LONG WAY.  While I don't see that it changes color to match at all (I had a friend with dark skin try it and to me it appeared to be the same color) it's still a good blush.  I don't get any breakouts from it (as long as I keep the brush clean), and it's a nice pinky just been pinched color.  It's the only blush that I currently use, and it's probably my favority blush by Physicians Formula.  I feel like their other blushes are much more muted in color, and this one is very vibrant which I prefer (I'm a blush junky).  I like the compact it comes in too, might be a bit bulky for some girls, but I like that it's tough enough to be thrown into my backpack without worrying if it'll break or open. 

Ok, gonna wrap this up with a song.  Mumford and Sons- I will wait.  It's just one of those catchy, feel good, makes me smile songs  :)

   

  

0 comments:

About Me

My Photo
lunarious
I'm Nichole, your average 30-something trying to make my way through this world and create a life for myself. I blog for fun and for stress relief, so you'll see everything from rants to reviews.
View my complete profile

INSTAGRAM FEED

Followers



This blog was designed by Jason Rice