Wednesday, November 14, 2012

It's a man blog


Goal for today: write a blog that will interest guys too.
It was suggested by a dude that I talk about cars and airplanes if I want to interest guys in my blog.........yeah well I don't know anything about either of those things!  So I wanted to find some stuff that I do know about that I think guys will enjoy too.  So here we go....

I live in Texas.  Pretty much every man in Texas loves meat.  So listen up fellas because Bear Creek Smokehouse has seriously some of the best smoked meat I've ever had in my life.  Can I sidetrack for like 2 seconds, I feel very awkward saying meat so much, lol.  Anyway, they had a booth at the Houston Nutcracker Market and I can honestly say it was one of the busiest food booths there.  I sampled the peppered bacon, Polish sausage, brisket, and cranberry turkey.  All were seriously delicious!!!  To put it in terms guys will understand.  Know how huge the Reliant Center is?  Ok, well after walking around for 5 hours through huge crowds I was willing to walk the entire length of the Reliant Center and brave the crowds again just to go back to their booth and buy some meat.  I bought brisket and sausage and made it for dinner last night, my mom really liked it too.  I would definitely check out their specials and if you can find them at a local fair/market/etc. hit em up because their prices are cheaper in person!  You can order online or you can request a free catalog in the mail.

Anyone like horchata??  For the longest time I swore by Taqueria Del Sol's horchata, but I think I've found another place that beats them!  El Ranchero has THE BEST horchata I have ever had so far.  It's much thicker/creamier than the horchata at Del Sol.  Their food is good too, I wouldn't say better than Del Sol, but still really good.  And they have free cinnamon ice cream for desert that is sooo yummy.  I don't go to Del Sol very often, it's always packed and it's a little bit of a drive for me now.  So I'm happy to report a local Mexican restaurant that I can go to and still get my horchata fix!  Who's down for some dinner???

Is it sad that so far I've only talked about food??  lol

Let's try something non-food related.  How about cologne?  Most girls, unless allergic, really love a good smelling guy.  If a guy walks next to me that smells great, I get a little weak in my knees.  It's just soo attractive!  A cologne that I really like for guys is Hugo by Hugo Boss.  It's a nice, clean, subtle manly smell.  Another nice scent is Guilty by Gucci.  I think Hugo is like an every day kind of cologne, but Guilty is like a sexy, date night cologne.  And then of course there are the oldies but goodies Curve and ck One which to me always smell good!  There's really nothing better than snuggling up next to a good smelling dude.

Ok, last but not least I wanna touch on some hygiene issues.  Most of this stuff should be pretty well known, but sometimes you fellas need a reminder.  So just like girls primp and prepare for y'all, y'all need to do the same for us!  I'm not saying full on spa days, but there are some basic personal care procedures that every dude needs to follow.   1. Invest in nail clippers and keep your fingers and toes right OR suck it up and get a mani/pedi.  There's no need to buff and polish your nails, but at least keep them trimmed and free of sharp edges.  I should not have to fight through your talons to hold your hand.   2. Hair, ALL hair, keep it trimmed and nice looking.  The hair on your head should be cut in a way that you can style it with ease every day.  Purchase grooming tools to keep your facial hair in check.  There is absolutely nothing worse than trying to kiss a dude with razor sharp stubble on his face.  It's painful and kills the mood.  Also, if you have crazy long eyebrows try using a mustache trimmer to keep those caterpillars at bay.   3. CHAPSTICK!! Invest!!!!  You know how when you kiss a girl her lips are soft??  Yeah well we want that too!!  No one wants to kiss lips that feel like tree bark or a peeling snake.  Again, mood killer.  And it's just gross.  Chapstick brand original chapstick is perfect for guys.  No scents, no colors, and it's not glossy.   4. Lotion, USE it.  No one likes alligator skin.  If your elbows are soo dry and crusty that they can cut me, it's toooo dry!  Here's a trick: Use a thick lotion at night before you go to bed (try Bath and Body Works Ocean, has a great guy smell).  You can also try vitamin E skin moisturizing oil
I think those are my main complaints for guys.  I like a manly man, so I'm not saying you need to get all metrosexual.  But guys you do need to learn to take care of yourselves!  Personal hygiene and care is not just for girls!

So that's my man blog.  Suggestions, complaints, comments?  Let me know what you think!

And in my typical style, I'm gonna end it with a video although it's not a typical music video.  But I thought you dudes might appreciate it  :)






 

0 comments:

About Me

My Photo
lunarious
I'm Nichole, your average 30-something trying to make my way through this world and create a life for myself. I blog for fun and for stress relief, so you'll see everything from rants to reviews.
View my complete profile

INSTAGRAM FEED

Followers



This blog was designed by Jason Rice