Friday, November 30, 2012

Hey, I just met you......and this is crazy........


So Walgreens (which I'm obsessed with) was having a sale on some of their cosmetics.  I decided to treat myself to a few things, one of which was L'Oreal Telescopic Explosion Mascara.  I don't think I can say enough how much I HATE this mascara.  It has a round applicator with those spikey plastic bristles all over it (as seen in the picture) and it's just a tad too big for my liking so it's really awkward to apply the mascara.  Plus, because of the shape and hard plastic bristles, not enough mascara is wiped off as you remove the wand from the tube and there's just a massive amount of mascara all over the wand.  Even after wiping off some of the mascara it still goes on lumpy, clumpy, and gross.  The mascara formula itself is fine, it coats each lash and does make them look longer, but the applicator wand is horrendous!  DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS!  L'Oreal doesn't even have this product on it's website anymore that's how horrible it is!

I have had that dumb Carly Rae Jepsen song stuck in my head for about 3 weeks now.  HEY, I just met you........and this is crazy.........but here's my number, so call me maybe.  I HATE IT!!  Especially because it's only the chorus that's stuck in my head.  It plays over and over in my mind like a broken record from hell.  I cannot wait for that song to disappear into the abyss of space and time.

Ok, so that's my hater half of today's blog.

On to the good stuff.  Up first is some show reviews.  If you are a Netflix subscriber and blood/sex/drugs/alcohol/and just all around inappropriate for minors kind of stuff doesn't bother you then I have the show for you!  Shameless.  There is an American remake of this, but I'm referring to the UK version.  It's a raunchy dramedy about a lower class family and their struggles to make it from day to day.  Definitely rated R, so not for children or the easily offended.  Probably my favorite UK show to date.

A great US show is American Horror Story.  Sex/ghosts/murder/famous dead people/and genuine creepiness...........sound good?  Then this is your show.  It's on its second season right now, but let me warn you season 1 and season 2 are COMPLETELY different.  It's like an entirely different show almost.  Season 2 is called American Horror: Asylum.  Both seasons are fantastically bloody, scary, and addictive!  Season 2 is on the FX channel on Wednesday nights.

The Walking Dead.......if you don't know what this is then you must live under a rock.  Probably the best thing to ever happen to AMC.  I HATE zombies, but I love this show.  It's more than just a typical scary zombie plot.  This show focuses on the survivors.  How they handle the whole zombie apocalypse thing and how they're attempting to rebuild and stay alive now that the modern world has literally gone to hell.  Again, crazy addicting comes on AMC on Sunday nights.  You have to check it out.  Not for young children, and if you're easily squeamish like me be sure to keep a blanket or pillow handy to bury your face in during the zombie attacks.

Last but not least is Happy Endings, which comes on ABC and is also available on HULU.  It's like a modern Friends for the new 20-30 somethings generation.  Plus it has Elisha Cuthbert in it, so most guys are going to automatically love it.  She's hot and hilarious!  My favorite character is Max, the not so stereotypical gay guy who always has a comeback for everything.  Funny, 80s and 90s references, it has a Wayans in it, WATCH IT!

Those are my current sources of entertainment.  I highly recommend them and think everyone should give them a watch. 

And lastly a clothing review.  Target has some really cute plus sizing clothing right now.  I'm absolutely in love with the skinny jeans I got from Target recently.  They're made by Pure Energy.  I'm all about this brand.  One of their models is America'a Next Top Model winner Whitney Thompson (image to right), one of the few "plus size" winners of that show.  From what I can tell they're geared towards junior plus sizes, but I got my normal size and they fit just fine.  They have cute, hip, up-to-date clothes for those of us big girls who are tired of the older looking styles at Lane Bryant and Avenue.  I would say they're more along the style of Torrid.  Price wise they're pretty decent.  My skinny jeans were in the $30 range.  And I got a couple of sweaters in the $20 range.  But you know how Target has killer clearance, so you can always hit em up when they're on sale.  But even full price I think Pure Energy clothing is totally worth it.



 

And I'm gonna finish off today's blog with Home by Phillip Phillips.  Another feel good, sing along song that I love.  It makes me happy  :)
 







0 comments:

About Me

My Photo
lunarious
I'm Nichole, your average 30-something trying to make my way through this world and create a life for myself. I blog for fun and for stress relief, so you'll see everything from rants to reviews.
View my complete profile

INSTAGRAM FEED

Followers



This blog was designed by Jason Rice