Monday, March 3, 2014

Pizza Face

So once I graduated from high school I started to get more acne.  My acne now is worse than it was when I was a teenager.  Yay......the joys of adult onset acne.

Over the past few years I have been trying all kinds of different stuff to help, nothing really is a long lasting solution.  And nothing clears my face completely.  However, I do have a decent regimen now that helps limit my breakouts and also improves the overall appearance of my face/neck despite the acne.  With the exception of when I'm really stressed, and then there is nothing that will help unfortunately  :-/

Anyway, here's my skin care regimen.  I thought I would break it down to morning and evening routines.

Mornings:
Wash face with Natural Acne Solutions Purifying Gel Cleanser from Burt's Bees ($10, lasts 2-3 months)
Tone with YES TO BLUEBERRIES CLEANSING FACIAL TOWELETTES ($7, lasts about a month)
Moisturize with Neutrogena® Naturals Multi-Vitamin Nourishing Moisturizer  ($14, lasts 3-6 months)

Evenings:
Wash face with Neutrogena® Fresh Foaming Cleanser  ($7, lasts 2-3 months)
Tone with YES TO GRAPEFRUIT BRIGHTENING FACIAL TOWELETTES ($7, lasts about a month)
Acne spot treatment to help reduce/relieve pimples Burt's Bees Herbal Blemish Stick ($8, lasts 3-6 months)
Lip care EOS Sweet Mint Lip Balm ($4, lasts 3-6 months)

My skin overall is much healthier since I started this routine.  My complexion is much more evenly toned and smoother.  I have less issues with blotchyness and I also have limited issues with under eye bags.  The Yes to Grapefruit towelettes actually help reduce/relieve pimples much quicker than normal.  With the exception of the towelettes, all listed items are long lasting because a little goes a long way (I say that a lot don't I!), especially the moisturizer!  If you put on too much it's gonna feel really heavy, which is true of most "natural" facial moisturizers.  So use moisturizer sparingly and thoroughly massage in to skin.

I have combination skin and this routine keeps my face pretty even, not dry and not overly oily.  However, if you have dry skin you may want to limit your use of the Burt's Bees gel cleanser to every other day.  Oh, also, it is super important to exfoliate your skin!!  Try not to exfoliate during peak breakout times as it will only irritate it more.  And don't over exfoliate!!  Exfoliating helps with blackheads and improves the overall look/feel of skin.  I do not like scrubs, so what I use is body exfoliating gloves with a super lathery cleanser (something with lots of foam to help create a buffer between your face and the glove).  I use Dawn......yes dawn the dish washing liquid, it works great for exfoliating.  Don't scrub too hard, you should not feel pain!  lol

My great grandmother (GiGi) told me the importance of taking care of your face.  She took great care of her skin and had a healthy looking face until she was well in to her 90s.  So I try to take care of my skin as much as possible.  I think I may be interested in trying Proactive if anyone has tried it please let me know what your experience has been!!

And I'm gonna end it with a video from one of my new favorite bands, Buxton.  Great band, check them out.  Awesome live show!!




1 comments:

Unknown said...

I've used many and very expensive treatments recommended by my dermatologist. The only thing I have found to work recently is using good ol alcohol, and a bottle only costs about $3!

About Me

My Photo
lunarious
I'm Nichole, your average 30-something trying to make my way through this world and create a life for myself. I blog for fun and for stress relief, so you'll see everything from rants to reviews.
View my complete profile

INSTAGRAM FEED

Followers



This blog was designed by Jason Rice