Thursday, February 27, 2014

I'm obsessed with Sephora



Ok, I know everyone and their mom already knows about Sephora and how awesome it is. And I've been there before, but it was when I had less money so it was not that impressive because I couldn't afford anything. But now that I'm an adult and have a decent income I can actually enjoy the fruits of my labor by purchasing little fancy tidbits here and there.....which is why I'm now obsessed with Sephora!!

Anyway, did some shopping yesterday picked up a few goodies. Got ANASTASIA BEVERLY HILLS DIPBROW™ Pomade in Blonde. It is $18 not including the brush.  A LITTLE GOES A LONG WAY!!!! Can be used for a natural look as well as a bold, dramatic look depending on how much you apply. While I wish the blonde was a little bit lighter, I really love this product. I have a gap in my left brow where no hair will grow and this fills it in perfectly without looking weird/fake. Just gives your brows a nice, clean, groomed look which I like. Plus it's waterproof and smudge proof, which is perfect in Texas since I will be sweating profusely once summer hits!  And I did test out the waterproof/smudge proof-ness of it because I wore it while working out, brows still looked awesome even though I was drenched in sweat, lol.  Now my best friend and I each had a Sephora employee give us a demonstration of the dipbrow in store........not exactly a smart idea. Both of us ended up with CRAZY DRAMATIC BROWS!!!!! So we each had to go home and practice applying the dripbrow, and we both aimed for a more natural look. It really is a great product to just make your brows look more filled in without looking fake or drawn on.


Also picked up BENEFIT COSMETICS Benetint in Rose and I am in love with it!  It is a cheek/lip stain.  Yes, stain but don't be scared!!  I love blush in general anyway, but this is a great option for a bare face, natural look.  It blends really well and the color is not overwhelming with the first application.  It is very much a buildable color.  The rose color is perfect for fair skin to give a natural, blushed look.  Again, a little goes a long way making it worth the $30 price.  I blend with my fingers, but I think I want to try blending with an actual applicator. Being a stain, it stains your fingers too and it's also water/smudge proof.  So remember: a little goes a long way, build the color, and try using a sponge/applicator to prevent pink fingers.

Another lip stain, this one is a little more shiny and not as drying as the matte one in my previous post. It is SEPHORA COLLECTION Rouge Infusion Lip Ink in No. 6 Coral Extract. At $14, it's a pretty good deal. Although the name says coral, it's more of a deep pinky coral (at least on me) than a peachy coral color.  As usual from the awesomeness that is Sephora, the color lasts a long time.  It is not as drying as the matte lipstain, but it's not super shiny/glossy either.  It has a slight gloss, like a chapstick.  This particular lipstain in this particular color is great for a bare face, natural look.  That's kind of my go to makeup look right now.  Minimal makeup, but still be pretty and put together.

My next goal is to find a liquid eyeliner that does not irritate my overly sensitive eyes in a color that is not super dramatic on me (again, going for natural beauty).  And I have a gift card to go try some more stuff out at the Sephora!!  lol   

Oh, one little added tidbit.  A great cologne for dudes is Lacoste Essential Sport.  I discovered this cologne while with my ex and bought it for him for Christmas, so unfortunately I have a negative memory of this particular scent.  But with that aside it is a GREAT cologne and I highly recommend it.  It's not a super strong, overwhelming scent.  It's one of those get up close and cuddle and man you smell soooo good right now scents.  I highly recommend it for the dudes in your life.  It runs about $56 at Sephora and would make a great gift for the guy that likes to smell good.



I think I'd like to get back to ending my posts with a video, and a really pretty song that's out right now is John Legend's All of Me.  So enjoy, smile, and have a great day!  Peace out!   





0 comments:

About Me

My Photo
lunarious
I'm Nichole, your average 30-something trying to make my way through this world and create a life for myself. I blog for fun and for stress relief, so you'll see everything from rants to reviews.
View my complete profile

INSTAGRAM FEED

Followers



This blog was designed by Jason Rice