Friday, August 5, 2011

I do my best thinking in the shower


I take long showers, however I get a lot done:  shampoo/condition hair, wash body, brush teeth (in my mind it saves time, plus I'm a messy brusher), exfoliate/wash face, and I do all of my heavy thinking in the shower.  Oh, and I also do some great shower singing/dancing (I have a radio in my bathroom, 95.7 what what!).  That's pretty productive in my book.

While in the shower today I was seriously considering opening my own Etsy shop, as I am obsessed with Etsy.  I have recently starting releasing my creative energy into painting and creating foam sugar skull-esque ornaments.  I have painted several small canvases so far as well as a medium sized vase.  And I have made 5 sugars skulls.  I also make jewelry.  My concern is this..........will I want to put in the effort to maintain an Etsy shop?  Do I want to deal with customers?  And I'm not really that familiar with all of the shipping and handling details either.  I don't know, it just seems like a lot of work for a few extra bucks.  Plus, do I have the time to be continuously making things..........no, not really.  We'll see.

Speaking of obsessed with Etsy...here is another of my favorite sellers:  No Water Needed  I LOVE her metal flowers.  They are cute and colorful and together make a really awesome bouquet!!  Which the seller thoughtfully took a picture of for me before shipping my order:  

How cute is that!  I have a super cute green vase (which I will be painting) to put them in already.  Her prices are reasonable for hand crafted art, her items are well made, and she's super friendly and helpful.  You really can't beat that.  And you get an item that not only looks great but will literally last forever.

So I was planning on this being a little longer, but I've actually been busy at work.  More later....




    

0 comments:

About Me

My Photo
lunarious
I'm Nichole, your average 30-something trying to make my way through this world and create a life for myself. I blog for fun and for stress relief, so you'll see everything from rants to reviews.
View my complete profile

INSTAGRAM FEED

Followers



This blog was designed by Jason Rice