Friday, November 5, 2010

You look like a monkey


I couldn't think of anything witty for the title, so that's what you're stuck with now.  It comes from a part of comedian Pablo Francisco's act.  He's a funny dude.

So song of the week:  Sinead O'Connor- Nothing Compares 2 U

I absolutely LOVE this song.  I've loved it since I was young and have been obsessed with it recently.  It's just one of those good singing out loud in your car with all your heart songs.  Plus, it reminds me of a friend that passed away last year.  I remember singing and dancing to music videos in her living room, and this was one that would come on a lot because it was so popular back then.  And in a way it kind of describes the feelings of loss I have for her.  Nothing compares to the friendships we build as a kid.  Those were such simpler, better times and I have great memories of the friendship I had with Amanda.  Losing a childhood friend is like losing a piece of your childhood, which is like losing an important piece of yourself.  So it's nice and comforting to listen to this song and be instantly transported back to that time.  :)

Ok, as I wipe the single tear from my cheek, let's move on. 

So one of the new clothing sites I have found recently is ASOS.  They have a plus size clothing line called CURVE and I really like it.  I've ordered several items from the site and am quite happy with my purchases (I'll post pics of all the fancy new dresses I bought from them later, but here's a link to one if your interested).  Their dresses fit nicely and I just really love the style of the clothing they have.  I feel like it's a lot different than what's offered in the US.  I've been kind of bored with what Lane Bryant and Avenue have to offer lately.  My only complaint is that some of the dresses are a tad too short for my own personal liking.  They're not short short, but they land above the knee on me and it makes me a tad uncomfortable.  I have bought some leggings and tights to help alleviate the awkwardness and I think that'll do the trick.  I'm excited to be able to go out and show them off, so for my girls that read this let's do something so I can wear my dresses!!!
Oh, and they have really good sales, so if you decide to check them out watch for the sales!!  One of the dresses I bought was originally $65 and I got it for $20.  Now I'm just waiting for this dress to go on sale  because me and sparkles are like a fat kid and cake, inseparable!  They also have a VIEW RUNWAY option where you can watch a model walk down the runway in the item, it's really neat.  If you need a great dress for an event you should definitely check out this site.
They also have some cute accessories and purses, I haven't bought any yet but I have my eye on a purse and I'm highly tempted to get it.  We'll see, maybe for x-mas. 

Hope everyone is having a great week and have a fun, safe weekend! I'll be at the renaissance festival this saturday for the Roman Bachannal weekend.  TOGA, TOGA, TOGA!!!    hopefully pictures to come.

1 comments:

darrona said...

So I think for one of our Girls' Nights we ALL need to get all fancy and dressy! I know we never do because that's not really our thing, but it would be nice to plan to get all dolled up and go somewhere getting all dolled up is appropriate. Maybe not soon, but sometime. Just saying. =]

About Me

My Photo
lunarious
I'm Nichole, your average 30-something trying to make my way through this world and create a life for myself. I blog for fun and for stress relief, so you'll see everything from rants to reviews.
View my complete profile

INSTAGRAM FEED

Followers



This blog was designed by Jason Rice