Tuesday, December 7, 2010

these are a few of my favorite things


The Fruit Palette- there's a location in rice village.  This place offers a creative take on fresh fruit, which sounds weird right but i'm telling you it's delicious!  they have fresh fruit snow cones, fruit salads, regular salads with fruit added, juice, tea, etc.  I highly recommend the watermelon/strawberry/pineapple shaved ice and the strawberry/coconut juice made with milk.  They have crepes now too, can't wait to try them!

ASOS Curve- beautiful, modern clothes for plus size women.  Catch them when they're having a sale and you won't be disappointed.  I have 3 dresses from them and they make me feel like a real woman.  Gorgeous, empowered, elegant.  I interviewed in one of the dresses just the other day and actually felt confident that my appearance would portray the professional 27 year old woman that I am while still being sexy, young, and fresh.  They have some cute every day clothes and dresses as well and I'm really looking forward to being a long time customer with them.

Family Thrift Store- in p-town.  Went there this weekend and got some really good deals on some really good finds.  Thank you Gabby for reminding me of the awesomeness that is thrift shopping.  Can't wait to try out some more thrift stores!!!

HEB sushi- just thinking about it makes my mouth water.  Now, this isn't hardcore sushi.  It's very americanized and safe, nothing too out there i promise.  And it's super tasty, way better than Kroger sushi.  I recommend the tempura crab roll.

Evans- similar to ASOS but with a larger selection of clothes.  I have yet to order from them but am looking forward to doing so in the near future.  I feel like their clothes are a little younger, hipper if you will, so unless styled properly might not be a great option for women over 45 yrs. old or so.  Prices are decent and they have some really cute accessories.

ETSY- LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this site.  Everything that is awesome about homemade and vintage goods.  I've gotten everything from clothing to windchimes to kitchenware.  It's like a thrift store online, so it takes some searching and comparing to find good deals but it soo worth it!  I can literally spend hours just looking at all the stuff they offer and favoriting stores and items.  Really good place to find those unique, special gifts for anyone on any occassion.  Create an account so you can save your favorites!! 

Pink Sugar Perfume-  If I could I would bath in the stuff.  I love sweet, fruity smells and this is perfect.  It has a nice sweetness but a fruity twang that helps cut the sweetness for the perfect pink lemonade sort of smell.  It's not cheap, but it's not ridiculously expensive either.  Would make for a lovely gift.............especially for me....wink wink.  Available at Sephora and Target and online at Amazon.



Ok, I think that's enough for now.  I used to hate shopping, but I've grown to really enjoy it now.  Especially online shopping where I can just browse and search on my own time and never have to wait in any lines or wait for small children to get out of the way so I can manuever my basket down the isle.  I'm trying to reel in my shopping desire though so I can save up for new couches!

0 comments:

About Me

My Photo
lunarious
I'm Nichole, your average 30-something trying to make my way through this world and create a life for myself. I blog for fun and for stress relief, so you'll see everything from rants to reviews.
View my complete profile

INSTAGRAM FEED

Followers



This blog was designed by Jason Rice